Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
VALUE+, EMPLOYEES AS VALUERS. A second in Dr. Blair's series on ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE. Here she looks at adding value through a corporations major asset - its employees.

TOPIC: IN DEFENSE OF SPICY LANGUAGE

IN DEFENSE OF SPICY LANGUAGE 11 months 1 week ago #46

• Billie
I just watched Fox's Chris Wallace interview a Congressman from Kansas who was whining about Trump's use of "vulgar" language - he claimed that he wouldn't want his son to use the same language as Trump. My friends will tell you that I am not an acknowledged Trump supporter, but common sense and good reason demand that I jump into this discussion. Who are these shrinking violets and what has produced them? How on earth do they operate in the real world, much less in Washington, DC?!! Congressman, your son learned these words (whatever they are - I've never heard Trump say anything that I would consider "vulgar") when he was in elementary school - the fact that you don't know that he knows them just shows that you don't talk to him very often. And, here's a further shocker, Congressman - professional psychologists such as myself regularly use spicy language - when we confer with one another, the random "F" word characteristically appears in the discussion. How about that, Congressman - it's called real life in the modern world. Nothing is more disturbing than to see a hypocrite describe how the rest of us should think and act. Clearly, the Congressman doesn't like Trump, but used a (should I say?) trumped-up and phony excuse for NOT liking him. And, we're all supposed to agree with this man? Congressman, as I say, the rest of us live in the real world; I'm so sorry to hear that you do not.
And, why am I so concerned about this kind of mis-labeled discussion/rhetoric - discussion put forth under the guise of "nobility/purity of heart"? It's because that we, in America today, tend to countenance this kind of nonsense. If you are a CEO and tend to pass out this kind of artificial pap to your staff and employees, you'll want to rethink your communication's content - because the people who work in your company also are living in the real world (and I'd bet that they, too, know all those words that Trump uses). Communication needs to be genuine, not artificial - and it needs to be honest. If you believe something, say so; if you want to do something, say so. But, by all means, don't use phony excuses for the actions - give the real ones to your staff. Your employees will resonate with the honesty. Their respect for you will increase along with their goodwill and work contributions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: admin
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds