Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Books - HOW TO BUILD A FIRE. Third in a series on ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT. This book adds to the information presented in the first and second of Dr. Blair's series:

1. ALL THE MOVING PARTS: ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT

2. VALUE+, EMPLOYEES AS VALUERS

TOPIC: THE THREE-MATCH FIRE

THE THREE-MATCH FIRE 11 months 2 weeks ago #7

• Billie
In my latest book, HOW TO BUILD A FIRE: THREE EASY TAKE-AWAYS FOR GETTING YOUR COMPANY GOING! (published December, 2011) I talk about the various methods for fire building in an organization. In this blog, I'm going to discuss the aberrations of fire building - when things don't go quite as planned. And I've noticed, through my wide experience in fire building - both in the fireplace and work settings - that this happens frequently. The "three-match fire" is that fire where you have all the paper, kindling, pitchy sticks arrayed in the fireplace (or, work setting) then apply the match. It seems to burn, but then fizzles. You discover this - and apply the match again. It fizzles. So you apply the match one more time, and ultimately the fire starts. This ever happened to you? I mention this scenario because I think it's instructive to remind ourselves, as fire builders, that there are times when repeated, but persistent, starts are necessary.
Moderators: admin
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds