Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Books - HOW TO BUILD A FIRE. Third in a series on ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT. This book adds to the information presented in the first and second of Dr. Blair's series:

1. ALL THE MOVING PARTS: ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT

2. VALUE+, EMPLOYEES AS VALUERS

TOPIC: ANALYZING THE POLITICAL LANDSCAPE

ANALYZING THE POLITICAL LANDSCAPE 7 months 3 weeks ago #56

• Billie
For people who are trying to build fires and foster change, as Donald Trump is trying to do, there's always a certain amount of blow-back. In this political case that I'm discussing today, it's coming from many points: the national media, who clearly do not want anything changed from the current, corrupt system; and from the Democratic campaign - understandable, since they're running for things to remain the same, as well; and, even, from some Republicans that are both change-adverse and who bear sour-grapes attitudes of having wanted to run/or run and lost. Admittedly, I'm a Republican - all the way back to my grandfather's days when, after completing his history degree from the University of Virginia, he instituted a family tradition of siding with Abraham Lincoln's party and insisting on equality and fair treatment for everyone. At the time that my grandfather made his decision, he and other Republicans were combating Democrats, who were the traditional KKKers bound by a serious intention for all things, including slavery, to remain the same. In the 1950's Grandfather's party managed to prevail and Civil Rights were extended to all. But, without the Republicans' courageous efforts, the history of our country today would be very different. That's the background to my point that building fires and fomenting change always brings about a certain degree of chaos, in the terms of those of us who are the researchers that study the topic of Chaos Theory. However, in addition to interest in this phenomenon, another revelation occurred to me as I watched Trump during his visit to Detroit this morning, and noted that he was accompanied by Dr. Ben Carson, a highly-respected neurosurgeon of high probity. I pondered the wondrous circumstance whereby a former Presidential candidate, such as Dr. Carson, would join another candidate's campaign, after closing down his own. And, then I recalled that Governor Mike Huckabee, had also done the same, as has Governor Chris Christie, and Governor Rick Perry. Governor Sarah Palin and Mayor Rudy Giuliani (who was also a presidential candidate in 2008) have also joined Trump in his campaign. As far as I can recall from past elections, this kind of support from former and potential competitors is unprecedented. I haven't heard any news commentator point this out - there're always looking for ways to demonstrate that Trump is unpopular and unliked by his fellows - but from a researcher's standpoint, I think it's "off-the-charts" in significance. If the man can be liked and respected to the point of joining his campaign by those who competed against him, then I would say that this speaks volumes about the man's credibility and his sincerity. Certainly, as I say, from a researcher's standpoint, it's something to ponder. I'm a Trump voter because he's the Republican candidate and I agree with most of his ideas for change, but this new revelation puts his candidacy in a whole new perspective from my point of view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin
Moderators: admin
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds