Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
ALL THE MOVING PARTS: ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT, is Dr. Blair's first book in the Organizational Change series.

TOPIC: SOUTHWEST'S SEAT ASSIGNMENT PROBLEM

SOUTHWEST'S SEAT ASSIGNMENT PROBLEM 8 months 4 days ago #63

• Billie
Those of you who read the Forum regularly know that I think Southwest Airlines is a fine company - well-run, efficient and exhibiting good customer care - And, for the most part, very good at on-time arrivals, except when they have to fly through Las Vegas, a terminal that is absolutely jinxed about getting flights out on time. But, even so, the last trip through that awful terminal left an hour late, but arrived only 10 minutes late at our destination. So, enough of the accolades. I decided on my last business trip with Southwest that they definitely need to figure out a way to measure passengers' backs and backsides! All airlines measure carry-on luggage - it's time to do the same for passengers. I was confined to a seat (of my own choosing, but too late to change when the calamity happened) that was "shared" by a grossly overweight passenger. I always fly Business Select and thus board first and get to select the seat that I'd like - in my case, an aisle seat. And then the unthinkable happens - a grossly overweight passenger (this has happened far more than once) will be on the lookout for people slight of build so that their seat can be "shared." In this instance, a woman who must have weighed over 400 pounds "shared" half of my seat and half of the window occupant's seat - that was the only way she could fit into her seat. So , enough already - it's time for those of us who pay the big bucks for Business Select seats (the window seat occupant was one of those, as well) to stand up and insist that we not be tormented any longer with the grossly overweight. But, that, instead, some measure be devised to ensure that the seat occupants will actually FIT into the seats that they have purchased. If their bodies are too large to do that, then they need to be asked to purchase two seats so that they can fly comfortably, as can everyone around them! As I say, luggage is measured for carrying onto a plane. I suggest that we use the same approach and measure the backs of people entering the plane, to make sure their back widths conform to the width of the seat backs. And, gosh, yes - I do know that I'm being politically incorrect - but, enough already!
Last Edit: 8 months 3 days ago by Billie. Reason: Spelling
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: admin
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds